The Upcycle Eco Store is due to open on 19th March.
Reduce your plastic footprint!
Lots of our customers are already into re-use, recycling and upcycling in a big way, and we wanted to join with them in the fight against single use plastics.
Our Upcycle Eco Store aims to be as plastic free as possible, offering people alternatives to using new plastics. If even half the people in Chepstow, Caldicot and Forest of Dean chose to refill their washing up liquid and laundry detergent, rather than buy a new bottle, the impact would be massive.
Find us inside the Charity Art Gallery. Opposite Chepstow Train Station.
Click HERE to see some of the products on offer.
Some small changes you could make:
- Refill bottles of detergent, so each bottle is used at least 10 times before recycling.
- Use cotton bags for buying loose fruit and veg in the supermarket – we are in the process of making some of these for the Eco Store.
- Switch to bars of soap rather than handsoap and shower gel. When they are finished there will be nothing to throw away, they’ll also last longer.
- Use a washing up sponge made of natural material, rather than cheap throwaway plastic sponges.
- Buy bamboo toothbrushes – you only need to buy 4 toothbrushes a year; the additional cost could be as little as £2/year.
- Carry a reusuable coffee cup and water bottle. Lots of coffee shops offer a discount for bringing your own cup and will refill a bottle free of charge! Tiffin’s Tea Room in Chepstow only charge £1.35 for a takeaway coffee/cappucino/latte if you bring your own cup!
- Switch to shaving soap, rather than foam/gel. You never know- you might like it.
These are just some changes. If each person adopted one or two of these the difference would be immense!